What is a warming sock treatment?
Warming socks, are a simple, yet effective way to give quick relief to many minor and acute illnesses such as colds, flus, sinusitis, sore throats, and even insomnia. The treatment acts to reflectively increase the circulation and decrease congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head and throat. Other conditions that could benefit from warming socks are:
- Ear infections
- Headaches and migraines
- Nasal congestion
- Sprains, strains, pain, inflammation of feet/ankles
- Upper respiratory infections
- 1 pair cotton socks
- 1 pair thick, wool or very warm socks
- Ice cold water
- Warm bed with plenty of covers
1. If your feet are cool or cold it is important to warm them first. This is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful. Warming can be accomplished by soaking in warm water for 5-10 minutes or just take a nice hot shower.
2. Next, take a pair of thin cotton socks and thoroughly wet all but the ankle portion with icy cold water. In warm weather, get some ice in a bowl to make nice and chilly.
3. Make sure to ring out the socks so that they are cold and not dripping wet.
4. Place the cold socks on your feet. Cover with thick wool socks. Go to bed with plenty of blankets. Avoid getting chilled.
You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning. Many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment.
This treatment acts to decongest the head and works wonderfully on children!
Can do as needed!